5 Tips to Planning and Promoting a Moving Sale in the Detroit Metro Area
While preparing for your move, you may realize that you have a ton of things that you don’t want or need anymore. Selling these items in a moving sale may be your best option. By having a moving sale, you will both save and make money. By selling items, you will be compensated for them and won’t have to pay to ship them to your new home. This basic 5 point moving sale guide was created for you to make sure your moving sale is successful and to help you save time, money, and frustration when you move to your new home.
- Before selling, take a look at all the items you plan to sell and make sure you won’t need it at your new home. It may also be a good idea to sell older items that can be easily replaced once you arrive at your new home, making more space for your move.
- Open your sale to friends and family. You can make your moving sale more fun having friends with you through the process. Ask them if they have anything they want to sell too. Having friends and family will help you sale go more smoothly and help you to have more fun.
- Try to plan out your sale for weekends or on Fridays. You will be able to get the most customers on these days. Post signs around your town and neighborhood including the hours you will have the sale. Good sales times can range from anywhere from 8am to 6pm.
- Plan to have this event in a place with parking that is easily accessible. Have the sale spread out enough so that you are able to have multiple people looking through your things at once. It is important to be able to access the most customers as possible.
- Advertising for your event can be as simple as posting flyers around town, however, we’ve found that the most effective way to advertise is by posting about it online. Good places to do so are on craigslist, Eventbrite, yard sales, and even Facebook. Posting online will spread to more people and help you to get more customers. Keep in mind when you are selling to have fun. This will be a good experience to make some money, clear up space, and have some fun.